Saturday, January 16, 2010

Camel or sheep?

Camel or Sheep?

I have come to Your bubbling water,
For I am thirsty in my soul.
I have tasted of Your clover sweet;
My spirit is made whole.

While some try life without You,
I must linger near.
Your presence is my sustenance;
I need my Shepherd here.

For I am not a camel, Lord,
Can't store enough for days.
I am just a simple sheep
Who daily finds Your ways.

You meet me every morning,
And the water of Your Word
Fills me with Your Spirit;
Your voice, I know I've heard.

And out across the desert
when life gets hard to bear,
I know I'm not a canel, Lord,
I'm a sheep whose life You spare.

When the heat of life is on my back,
And hot tears sre on dry ground,
I know there is a river, Lord,
that in You can be found.

So may I not act like a camel,
Coming to the river's flow
Only when I thirst inside,
But let me daily in You grow!

1 comment: