Saturday, August 28, 2010

Healing Scars

When the scars upon my heart
Met the scars upon His hands,
Something changed forever,
Becoming something very grand.

Bleeding within my chest,
Trembling with fear and shame;
My heart heard a gentle Voice
Softly call my name.

It was barely beating;
Hardly worth the life;
Broken very often
And stabbed with many a-knife!

Wounds of disappointments
And redirected prayers;
Confidence depleted
Made heartbeats hard to bear.

Scars of intentions
Misunderstood by friends,
Oozing self-resentment
Self-pity did defend.

Inadequacies coursed through
Veins of broken dreams.
My bleeding heart stood gaping...
Death's nearing rapidly it seems!

But the Voice whispers gentler
Yet louder, to my heart.
Tender hands stretched out
To offer a fresh start.

Hesitation filled my soul.
Yet, with shaking stance
I offered up my broken heart
For yet another chance.

And then the hands opened wide,
And much to my surprise
I found a loving touch of God
Understood my great demise.

For there upon those open palms
Were nail scars so deeply driven,
Oozing out the love
And forgiveness freely given.

And those scars upon His hand
Touched the scars upon my heart;
And though His scars grew deeper,
Mine simply did depart.

There was my heart, no longer scarred
Nor heavy as a stone...
But newly fresh- a heart of flesh!
His scars have cured my own!

Yes, when the scars upon my heart
Touched the scars upon His hands
I was changed forever,
And am becoming something grand!

by Charlotte Saben 8/26/10

No comments:

Post a Comment